FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silverlight in VB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverlight in VB
    Posted: 06-May-2009 at 8:31am
On Thursday, May 7. we will be releasing a new version of IdeaBlade DevForce  This version has a "Getting Started" shortcut.  If you have installed using a Silverlight or Universal key, the shortcut will display a web page that contains a link to a "Four Simple Steps" article.  This article has a link to a VB example.

You can also find the "Four Simple Steps" article by visiting http://www.ideablade.com/DevForceSilverlight/DevForceSilverlight_overview.aspx

*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 10:54pm
Hi People, Im having a few troubles starting up the basic silverlight app in vb. Its been quite hard being that all the samples are in c sharp, but oh well.

Ive finished all the steps in the NextSilverlightApp tutorial and the application runs. Im trying to just pull some data across the line to test it out. The problem is that using the default manager no data seems to ever come out of my queries. Im guessing it is because I havent actually connected the PM. Im trying to use the ConnectAsync method but cannot seem to get it out. I have the following code:

Private Sub MainPage_Loaded(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) Handles Me.Loaded
        _manager.ConnectAsync(AddressOf ConnectComplete, Guid.NewGuid)
    End Sub

Public Sub ConnectComplete(ByVal args As IdeaBlade.EntityModel.v4.AsyncEventArgs)

End Sub

I try to pull data out after the ConnectComplete has executed but still nothing.

Ive been banging my head against this for a while (being that we've straight from DevForce classic to DevForce Silverlight), so it wouldnt suprise me if its something quite minor that im doing wrong.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would be quite appreciative.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply