FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

help with 12 month rolling object,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
russjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote russjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with 12 month rolling object,
    Posted: 22-Feb-2010 at 1:33am
If you find someone to help you with this one let me know too!
techza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote techza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2009 at 7:46pm

Hi,

I am trying to create a report in WEBI Where I have 3 columns
1)Date
2)Amount
3)12 months rolling amount

Date object I have formatted it in the universe to get the MON-YYYY, So that I can the data by months, And its working correctly.

In the report I am getting data like this.

Date      Amount     
Jan-2008     5000
Feb-2008     6000
Mar-2008     8700
Apr-2008     5500

I want another column for 12 month rolling amount which show the data from for last one year.

example : Jan-2008 for 12MonthRolling Amount column I should get the total of Jan-2007 to Dec-2007
          Feb-2008 for 12MonthRolling Amount column I should get the total of Feb-2007 to Feb-2007

User will be having the prompt to select the Date Between

I have created the Measure for 12 month rolling amount to select the last 12 month total based upon the prompt.

In the select for this object I have

Select
TableName.Amount
Where
@Select(TableName\Date)
BETWEEN DATEADD(month,-11,@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:0) )
AND
@prompt('Enter Date (Start):','D','TableName\Date',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:1)

I don't Know If I am doing it correct or not. Can anybody please suggest me or show me the correct way to do it.

Please help !

Thanks
Techza

Post Reply Post Reply