FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EXE.Config confusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sebma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote sebma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EXE.Config confusion
    Posted: 04-Oct-2009 at 11:23pm
Hi,

The issue of App.Config probing is explained in developer guide, but still I am not sure if this has been asked before.

Instead of probing *.exe.config, is there a reason why the executing assembly's .exe.config is not taken as the highest priority?

For example, I have a.exe and b.exe, and a.exe.config and b.exe.config, all in one deployment folder. There is often a confusion which exe.config the exe will load.

Thanks.
Sebastian
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2009 at 1:19pm
Sebastian, you're right that what we're doing is wrong and confusing.  I've opened a request to get this fixed.

Right now we will look at all *.exe.config files in the executable folder, and I'm not sure if the order of the file list is determinate.  Once a "valid" (i.e., without errors) ideablade.configuration section is found and loaded, all further probing stops.
sebma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote sebma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2009 at 9:07pm
Thanks much!
 Post Reply Post Reply