FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hello DevForce Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello DevForce Question
    Posted: 03-Nov-2009 at 7:53am

I am finally upgrading to WinClient and I am trying to buld the Hello DevForce example.

I am getting two issues:
1. TotalOrderRevenue ( this.Orders doesn't exist it says that it is a 1:1)
2. The Console App _manager.Employees (doesn't exist as an option all of my entities are are singular none return more then one record)

running 5.2.3.0

GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2009 at 11:09am
Well, something clearly isn't right. 8-)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what might have happened, as the only way you can get 1:1 associations in the Conceptual Model of your Entity Data Model (EDM) is to change them to that explicitly. SQL Server doesn't support defining relationships as 1:1, so they never come into the EDM that way, in either the Storage or Conceptual Models. You can change the cardinality of associations in the Conceptual Model, but you have to do it explicitly, so I would assume that if you had done that, you would know about it.

Does any of that suggest anything that might help?

And by the way, congratulations on undertaking the journey to Entity Framework. There's a learning curve to be sure, but there's quite a bit of really elegant stuff that make it well worth the trouble.

Edited by GregD - 03-Nov-2009 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply