New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How to use DevForce with DevExpress XtraReport designer?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to use DevForce with DevExpress XtraReport designer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Suah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use DevForce with DevExpress XtraReport designer?
    Posted: 08-Nov-2009 at 11:02pm
Hi,
XtraReport designer can use a SqlDataAdapter configured with a stored procedure and SelectCommand parameters, than generate a DataSet from the SqlDataAdapter and assign it to the report designer, so in the designer you can drag and drop the fields you want onto the the page and preview the live data.
I can assign a entity query to the report page's DataSource at runtime, but this require me to draw print links manually in the code and can't preview the result at design time.
How can I use DevForce with the DevExpress XtraReport designer (replace the SqlDataAdapter,connection string etc)?

Regards,

GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2009 at 2:05pm
This is really a question for Developers Express: how to use their XtraReport report designer with an object model rather than a DataSet source.  It used not to be possible, but that was a couple of years ago, and as common as object models are now, they may have forged a solution.

This might be a place to start:

http://search.devexpress.com/?q=xtrareports+entity+framework&p=T0|P0|0

Suah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Suah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2009 at 3:59pm
Thanks, I'll have a try and post back.
DataMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote DataMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 2:55pm
Hi there,  I've done reporting with the DevForce Classic tool and devexpress reports and now that I'm starting a Silverlight application I'll let you know if this works in a few weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply