FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Something locks up my visual studio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something locks up my visual studio
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:22pm

I have an Object Mapper related question that I would like some clarification on if possible. 

Background Info:

Visual Studio .NET 2005 SP1 (Visual Basic)

IdeaBlade Version 3.5.0.1

The issue is that something is locking up my visual studio.  .

Before we begin, open up something so you can ALT+TAB between visual studio and something else.  Make sure visual studio is maximized.  Open a project, then open up the Ideablade Object Mapper Tool, then click the square button on the right of the key info to bring up the “Datalink Properties” toolbox.  Now ALT+TAB to the other window you have open.  When you ALT+TAB back it will show the Object Mapper Tool but not the “Datalink Properties”.  Now on my machine, visual studio is locked up.  It doesn’t matter what I click on I can’t get the “Datalink Properties” toolbox back and visual studio just says “Microsoft Visual Studio Is Busy”. 

If you close down Visual Studio you’ll see the “Datalink Properties” toolbox and can close that

Edited by IdeaBlade - 12-Jul-2007 at 12:23pm
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:24pm

The lock up of visual studio is caused by some code that was added to SP1 of Visual Studio.  We have a solution to this problem that was first introduced in DevForce 3.5.0.3 (also in DevForce 3.5.1.1).  It uses a modeless Object Mapper.

Modeless Object Mapping tool (#517)

Saving the object mapping file adds the model project that it describes to the currently open solution or updates an already-existing project in that solution.   Because the Object Mapping tool is now modeless, it can be left open when the solution under which it was opened is closed.  If you then open another solution and then save the Object Mapping file, it will add the model project that the object mapping file describes to the currently-opened solution.

Post Reply Post Reply