FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error when Dll Copy Local False

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error when Dll Copy Local False
    Posted: 21-Jan-2010 at 12:47pm
Hi All, Is there any reason why when I set the System.Windows.Controls.Data dll i have referenced in my silverlight project to copy local false I get an error when trying to connect the entitymanager to the database saying:

"EntityServerException: Unable to create proxy to /EntityServer.svc service --->

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerClient.CreateProxy(String serviceName)

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerClient..ctor(String serviceName)

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.RemoteEntityServerProxy.GetEntityServer()

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.<ConnectCoreAsync>b__27(AsyncEventArgs args)"

As soon as i set the dll copy local back to true it will work fine. I need to set it to false so i can defer the load of the dll as its only needed on a certain page and i want to cut down size of the xap.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 10:58am

CopyLocal must be set to True for the IdeaBlade assembly references in order for these solutions to run.  This is because the *.svc (and .asax) files are compiled by ASP.NET at run time and that compiler ignores the GAC and wants the assemblies in the bin folder.  I should add that by “run” I mean the connect has to succeed – the page coming up OK is not sufficient.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2010 at 11:07am
Matthew, which version of DevForce are you using?  At one time IdeaBlade.Core.SL had a reference to System.Windows.Control.Data, but that was fixed quite awhile ago.  Nothing else in the DevForce SL assemblies should be referencing this assembly, so I don't know why you'd get the error.  Does your DomainModel or another required assembly reference it? 
 Post Reply Post Reply