FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SQL Server 2008 - SQLCNCLI10 and DateTime Fields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQL Server 2008 - SQLCNCLI10 and DateTime Fields
    Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 1:02am
Hello !

I evaluated DevForce Classic times ago for building  a DB-Application with SQL Server 2005.
Meanwhile I switched to SQL Server 2008. In order to use also the new Native OleDb driver for SQL server 2008
i replaced SQLNCLI.1 in the connectionstring with SQLNCLI10.
Now the Application works , I can read from the SQL 2008 DB and write to it, with one Exception:
I cannot Insert or Update Entities containing  DateTime Columns. I always get an Exception when callign SaveChanges on
the PersistenceManager.

"The fractional part of the provided time value overflows the scale of the corresponding SQL Server parameter or column. Increase bScale in DBPARAMBINDINFO or column scale to correct this error".

I went back to the DB an changed the columns to DateTime2(7), recreated my Entities, but still the same Error.
After that I went into the ORM-Tool and had a look at the Simple Properties, and I saw that the DateTime-columns is mapped to System.String at the Source DataType.

Now I'm stuck since if found no way way to use SQLNCLI with DevForce Classic.
Can you help me ?

Mike

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 9:23am
DevForce Classic does not support SQL Server 2008 Date and Time data type.  If you want support for SQL Server 2008 Date and Time data type, you will need to use DevForce WinClient, DevForce Silverlight, or DevForce Universal.
 Post Reply Post Reply