FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to restrict bandwidth in IIS7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to restrict bandwidth in IIS7
    Posted: 23-Feb-2010 at 11:24am
This is not a DevForce question.   I suggest that you try your luck on an IIS forum.
lalit_agr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lalit_agr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 5:15am

Hi

I am new to Asp.net and IIS 7. I have a created an asp.net application to download file usnig IIS7 (i.e Response.writeFile())

I want some information regarding the bandwidth restriction while the downloading  a file.

Is there any way setting a bandwidth limit based on current load on the web site. For e.g If there is only one only one user connected, then we can provide a higher bandwidth, but if there are a lot of active connections then it could be less?

If the above scenario is possible on IIS 7 then I also would like to know what is the best way to configure the bandwidth (probably in runtime).

I know we can set the maximum bandwidth value in IIS7 but again it is same for all scenario i.e in case of higher load and low load. I want to make it configurable. So in high load we will assign less bandwidth to the users and in low load vice versa..

Note:- High load :- Maximum users connected 

Low Load :- Less number of users connected

Post Reply Post Reply