FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to restrict bandwidth in IIS7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lalit_agr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lalit_agr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to restrict bandwidth in IIS7
    Posted: 18-Feb-2010 at 5:15am

Hi

I am new to Asp.net and IIS 7. I have a created an asp.net application to download file usnig IIS7 (i.e Response.writeFile())

I want some information regarding the bandwidth restriction while the downloading  a file.

Is there any way setting a bandwidth limit based on current load on the web site. For e.g If there is only one only one user connected, then we can provide a higher bandwidth, but if there are a lot of active connections then it could be less?

If the above scenario is possible on IIS 7 then I also would like to know what is the best way to configure the bandwidth (probably in runtime).

I know we can set the maximum bandwidth value in IIS7 but again it is same for all scenario i.e in case of higher load and low load. I want to make it configurable. So in high load we will assign less bandwidth to the users and in low load vice versa..

Note:- High load :- Maximum users connected 

Low Load :- Less number of users connected

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2010 at 11:24am
This is not a DevForce question.   I suggest that you try your luck on an IIS forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply