New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Extract Maximum Data Retrieval Performance With a Remote Service Method
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Extract Maximum Data Retrieval Performance With a Remote Service Method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erturkcevik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote erturkcevik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extract Maximum Data Retrieval Performance With a Remote Service Method
    Posted: 07-Mar-2010 at 2:29am
Hi;
How can I using feature of the "Remote Service Method" on Winclient (EF ver 5.x)?
Can I  Remote Service Method calls can be made synchronously or asynchronously?
Regards,

GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2010 at 1:34pm

See the documentation in the Business Object Server topic document (in the Learning Resources); there is also a code sample under the Business Object Persistence folder in the Learning Resources.

The RSMs can be called synchronously or asynchronously.  The code sample cited uses an asynchronous call. It's a Silverlight sample, but you should be able to inspect the code and transplant the RSM call and callback to a WPF or WinForms app.

(Note for future reference: I've just moved the Remote Service Methods code sample to the Business Object Server folder for future release of DevForce.)

Post Reply Post Reply