FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

problem installing DevForce 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem installing DevForce 2010
    Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 6:53am
Hi,

I'm having some problem while installing latest DevForce 2010 version.

Setup finishes correctly but, after starting a new project and generating the EF model, I can't see the "DevForce Code Generation" section into then "ConceptualEntityModel".

I've been checking out "Extension Manager" and "Ideablade OM Designer Extension" seems to be correctly installed.

My scenario is following:

·         Windows 7 Professional Spanish

·         Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

·         DevForce 2010 ( 6.0.1 )

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Edited by jordi - 19-Apr-2010 at 6:55am
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 7:24am
You need to click into any of the white space in your model to see it. Make sure your properties window is ordered by category rather then A-Z, otherwise you may miss it.
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 7:38am
Hi smi-mark,

Yes, I click into any of the white space in my model.

You can see in this screenshot:

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 7:47am
Yes, you have it ordered AZ.

If you look in your properties windows, you will see the AZ is selected, press the button to the left of it to order it in categories. You will then see it.
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 7:51am
Yes, yes, yes ....
Thanks and sorry !!!
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 4:25pm
Yes, the alphabetical sort in hides the categories in the properties window.  It's easy to miss.  Thanks for the pointer, Mark!
wjprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wjprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 6:27pm
I am having the same problem.  I have just installed VS 2010 and the latest DevForce for VS 2010.

The Object Mapper does NOT show up in the Tools menu.  I know it is installed because it shows up in the Extension Manager.

I tried the steps listed in the above posts but it does not work in my case.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 6:35pm
There is no Object Mapper in 2010. If you see the Release Notes pdf, it will explain why and where the functionality has moved to.
wjprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wjprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 7:05pm
Thank you,
I failed to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply