FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Control and Grid Binding Manager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swylie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote swylie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Control and Grid Binding Manager
    Posted: 04-May-2010 at 5:29pm
I have a grid that is we have setup to use the XtraGridBindingManager.  One of the columns is to display dates.  We have created a custom DevExpress DateEdit control that we use throughout the rest of the application and I tried to use it with this grid.

Here is the code that I have changed for the setting the grids column binding descriptors. If you notice the control type it is our custom control.

this.historyGBM.Descriptors.Add(new IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DevExpressControls.XtraGridBindingDescriptor("Start Date", typeof(DomainModel.CheckPrintSource), "BeginDate", typeof(BPS.SC.Framework.Controls.DateEdit)));

When I run the application, this column always uses the base control type and not our custom control type.  I even have the particular column ColumnEdit property set to a instance of the custom control.  If I comment out the line above then I see it.

I then decided to change the column descriptor type to my custom repositoryitem that DevExpress uses internally for grid editors.  When I ran the code I got this error.

{"No suitable XtraGridColumnBinder could be found for a SCRepositoryItemDateEdit. Are you missing an assembly reference?"}

I looked at the code through Reflector to find this error and noticed that there is a UIMapper that seems to be what takes care how you decide what to bind to (well I think that is how it works) but I could not get it work or find any documentation on it.

So my question is how do I get the XtraGridBindingManager use my custom DateEdit control and not what it is internnally mapped to.
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2010 at 2:02pm
Looking into it.
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2010 at 7:38pm

Hi Scott - I'll follow up with you in email.

Post Reply Post Reply