FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce 3.5.1.1 install doesn't complete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce 3.5.1.1 install doesn't complete
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 2:48pm

I tried to install this program without success - on install it throws up a html page saying install ok, but the install progress box sticks. The program is listed from the start menu and show up in VS - Object Mapper in Tools. Trying to run Object Mapper in VS opens a connection dialog but clicking on this causes VS to hang.

There is no uninstall option showing in Windows Remove Programs which indicates it hasn't installed properly. So how do I uninstall it? I have downloaded and run the cleanup utility from MS, deleted the db from SQL Server and deleted the 4 tools from the VS toolbar. I also deleted the IdeaBlade folder from the Windows Programs folder BUT the Object Mapper still shows up in VS which is causing problems - how do I remove all traces of this program from VS and my PC?

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 2:49pm
Installation of DevForce Express 3.5.1.1 doesn’t actually complete until you close the html page.  This bug will be fixed in the June 27 release of DevForce.

The Object Mapper is located at C:\Documentings and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\MSEnvshared\AddIns. 

When you reinstall DevForce, be sure and close the html page.

Post Reply Post Reply