New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: DevExpress Suite 10.1 cannot be loaded DevForce 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevExpress Suite 10.1 cannot be loaded DevForce 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevExpress Suite 10.1 cannot be loaded DevForce 2009
    Posted: 23-Jun-2010 at 1:40pm
I have a virtual machine running Win7 and VS2010 and DevExpress 10.1.4. I have installed the latest version of Devforce 2009 (5.2.7.0/3.7.0.0). I have sucessfully converted an Winforms application developed with VS2008. The application executes just fine. The problem is with the Winform Designers. I created a new form and added the Devforce Designer controls to the toolbox sucessfully. When I try to specify my preferences for controls in the Control Binding Manager DevExpress 10.1 is listed as a choice but when I try to check it I get a dialog saying that the DevExpress 10.1 control suite cannot be loaded.
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2010 at 5:08pm
I could not reproduce your problem.  I could set preferences in my sample solution just fine to the new DevExpress 10.1.4 control suite using a VM that had VS2010 but no VS2008.

Are you running on a 64-bit machine?  If so, there is a known problem when using the Assembly Binding Redirector.

Which version of 5.2.7.0 are you using?  An early version released to a few customers a few weeks ago or the version that was released last week?

Can you see "IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DevExpressControls.v10_1_4" in the GAC?
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2010 at 5:47pm
I am running the VM on a 64 bit machine but the VM is 32 bit. I'm using the Devforce 2009 5.2.7.0 that is released last week. All of the concerned assembliess are visible in the GAC. I'll search the forum for the 64 bit postings and see if there is a post that might help me.
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2010 at 8:56pm
Here is the advice on 64-bit (from a customer):

I Figured out the problem with the XtraGridBindingManager.

I am running 64 bit Vista and when installing the devexpress .net bindings (at the end of the DevForce install), it only installs the bindings in the /Framework64/Vx.xx/Config/Machine.config file.  I copied the xml from the 64 bit framework into /Framework/Vx.xx/Config/Machine.config and I could use the binding manager.

Wasn’t sure if this was a known problem, and whether you wanted to update your install, but just thought I’d let you know what I found.

IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 6:06am
We have had a Preferences problem with other versions of DevExpress (e.g., 9.1, 9.2, 9.3).  For example, see:

I have never been able to get a reproducible case, so we were never able to fix the problem.

As a next step, I would like you to see if you can get more information frim the fusion log viewer.

rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 6:32am
David,
Thank you for your help on this. I looked at the machine.connfig and there were no redirects for any of the DevExpress assemblies so I copied that section from the host machine which is has Devforce 5.2.3.0/3.6.9.0 to the VM's machine.config and then modified the version info for DevExpress 10.1.4.0. I can now set the preference for DevExpress in the Control Binding Manager. The interesting thing is that the host is a 64-bit machine and I have never had any problems installing Devforce for VS2008. I have not tried to install Devforce 2009 on the host yet however. As I previously indicated the VM is running 32-bit Win 7. When I install Devforce 2009 on the VM I never get any of the dialogs which asks about the redirection as I normally get. I know that there are still some issuse with installing the Winforms stuff with VS2010 i.e. the toolbox is not populated. Should the binding redirectioin dialogs show up when installing on VS2010?
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 7:10am
Dave,
I ran the fusion log viewer on the VM and nothing displayed. I'm not familiar with this utility so you may need to provide me with more instruction on what you want. I did just remember something that may or may not be relevant. The VM was created using a differencing disk. I use the differencing disk technique so I can quickly spin up a new VM.
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 8:34am
I am happy to see that you now have Preferences working.  Let me know if you have problems later on.  Some have claimed that they could fix their Preferences problem, but the fix was not permanent.

You will only get a prompt for assembly redirection if there is a need for assembly redirection.

In your case there is no need for assembly redirection.
 Post Reply Post Reply