FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Application API

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application API
    Posted: 06-Aug-2010 at 12:43am
Yes, but would you then expose these IB-entities to the client or should I create my own entities and populate them with data using IB? The latter of course being quite a bit of work (as there are quite a few entities).

Basically what should happen is that I hide the entitymanager for my client so all his calls are done using some repository class. This does mean my client should use .net 3.5 of 5 (depending on the IB version I use).
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2010 at 1:23pm
Client APIs tend to be very specific to the business rules, so it's hard for a generic framework to help out with the API definition.  It would be a great fit to use DevForce entities to implement the the service under the covers though, and these would be the same entities and busienss logic that can be shared with a Silverlight, WPF, or ASP.NET application.
JST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2010 at 7:04am
Hi,

Not sure wether this it the right place, but let's give it a try. Can I use DevForce to create an API that my clients can use to interact with my application/database? If so, what are the tips and tricks? If not, I guess I'll be building WCF webservices from scratch.

I'm thinking some 'repository' class for the client with some common functions and do the retrieval (and some security stuff and business ruling like filtering only those products that the client can retrieve) hidden using ideablade.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?
 Post Reply Post Reply