FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IdGenerator doesn't work with Tinyint columns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IdGenerator doesn't work with Tinyint columns
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:38pm

If I have a tinyint in the PK field, and even if the field is autoincrement, an exception is thrown when the newly created entity is added to the persistence manager.  I forget what the exception name was, but I could reproduce it.

I also found that when I changed the PK/autoincrement field to a smallint, the problem went away.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:39pm
This is a limitation of our implementation of IdGenerator for numeric and identity columns.  We tried to make these generators as flexible as possible so that they could be used with a variety of column sizes, but it’s quite likely that we forgot about the case of tinyint.  I’ll add a low priority Feature Request for this.  If you are using our implementation of the NumericIdGenerator, you could probably add this feature on your own.
 Post Reply Post Reply