FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Question about PredicateBuilder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BillG View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about PredicateBuilder
    Posted: 09-Sep-2010 at 12:52pm

Here is my FetchMembers method, the user can do a search on members by cardno, ssn, employee #, lastname, firstname. When they click the find button, I put the fields into a query object and pass the object to the fetchmembers methd. I then build the PredicateBuilder. Everything so far works fine. The only other thing I add to the query is that they to have an "Active" status. Now I need to add that they can have an "Active" or "Staff" status. So look at the line in red and how do I add an "or" statement here to pick up ones that have a status of "S" in addition to "A"?  

List<PredicateDescription> predicateDescriptions = new List<PredicateDescription>();

PredicateDescription aPredicateDescription;
          if(q.SSN != string.Empty)
          {
              aPredicateDescription = PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof (Member), "SocSecNo", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo,
                                                            q.SSN);
              predicateDescriptions.Add(aPredicateDescription);
          }

if(q.LastName != string.Empty)
              predicateDescriptions.Add(PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof(Member), "LastName", FilterOperator.StartsWith, q.LastName));

if (q.FirstName != string.Empty)
              predicateDescriptions.Add(PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof(Member), "FirstName", FilterOperator.StartsWith, q.FirstName));

if (q.EmployeeNo != string.Empty)
              predicateDescriptions.Add(PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof(Member), "EmployeeNumber", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo, q.EmployeeNo));

if(q.CardNo != 0)
              predicateDescriptions.Add(PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof(Member), "CardNo", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo, q.CardNo));

predicateDescriptions.Add(PredicateBuilder.Make(typeof(Member), "Status", FilterOperator.IsEqualTo, "A"));

how do I add a status of "S" here with an or statement.

CompositePredicateDescription aCompositePredicateDescription = PredicateBuilder.And(predicateDescriptions.ToArray());

IQueryable query = PredicateBuilder.FilterQuery(entityManager.Members, aCompositePredicateDescription);

IEnumerable results = entityManager.ExecuteQuery(((IEntityQuery) query));

foreach(Member m in results)
              Members.Add(m);

Post Reply Post Reply