New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Error When Host BOS on IIS 7.0 and No DebugLog.xml Generated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error When Host BOS on IIS 7.0 and No DebugLog.xml Generated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yafei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yafei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error When Host BOS on IIS 7.0 and No DebugLog.xml Generated
    Posted: 09-Nov-2010 at 4:23pm
I have hosted a BOS (6.0.5.0) on IIS 7.0 and can successfully create EntityManager the first time. The second EntityManger creation gives me the following error: and it asks me to modify the registry. By the way, I cannot see the server side DebugLog.xml generated.

Error starting DevForce TraceLogger: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'IdeaBlade.Core' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'IdeaBlade.Core'

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at IdeaBlade.Core.DefaultLoggerProvider.GetLogger()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2010 at 4:44pm
Hi,

Did you check and made sure you have all assembly files in your bin folder?

Also, did you grant write permission for IIS_IUSRS user to your log folder? (this might be why you can't write to log)
yafei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yafei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2010 at 4:53pm
I already have all assemblies in my bin folder and I also set full control for IIS_IUSRS on log folder. It did not work.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2010 at 7:53pm
Do you by any chance have the usesSeparateAppDomain set to true on the <logging> element in the ideablade.configuration?  This is something of a legacy setting, and there's generally no need to use it.  Try setting the value to false, or remove it altogether, and also give the DefaultAppPool read/write access to the log folder.
yafei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yafei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2010 at 11:56am
I made these changes and it's working now.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply