FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Authentication fails in OOB app on Apple Mac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
geoffapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote geoffapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Authentication fails in OOB app on Apple Mac
    Posted: 06-Dec-2010 at 7:36am
I have a Silverlight application configured to use Asp.net forms authentication and and it can be run in or out of browser.

In the browser, on both Windows and Mac, authentication works as expected. I can successfully login using LoginAsync and the subsequent queries pass the user information back and forth between the server and client. The same is true of the Out of Browser app on Windows.

However, this does not work on the Mac when running out of browser. The login appears to complete successfully but on any queries the user appears unauthenticated on the server. ie I am using query interceptors to filter returned items based on the logged in user, but these fail as the user appears 'not logged in' (I do not get an error but no items are returned)

Using fiddler, the .ASPXAUTH cookie appears to be passed back to the server so I am not sure why this does not work. To re-iterate, it does work on Windows.

I found this blog entry that seems to describe a fix for a similar problem using Ria Services, but I am not sure if this applies to Devforce or how to implement it.

Many Thanks
Geoff

Post Options Post Options   Quote geoffapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 8:24am
My bad

I was using HttpContext.Current.User in the EntityServerQueryInterceptor to get the logged in user. That worked in- browser on Windows and Mac and out-of-browser on Windows but not oob on Mac.

Getting the user using this.Principal (me.Principal in vb.net) solved the identity problem. It now works in all scenarios.
JaimeBula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JaimeBula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 12:44pm
How did you exactly solve this issue?

I haven't found anything like this.Principal on my WCF Service.

I'm hanving exactly the same issue here.

Best Regards.

JB

Post Options Post Options   Quote geoffapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2011 at 1:45am
I am using this in EntityServerQueryInterceptor (FilterQuery) and EntityServerSaveInterceptor (ExecuteSave) on the server.

In those methods you can access the current logged in user Principal using this.Principal or me.Principal.

Cartmill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cartmill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2011 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by JaimeBula

How did you exactly solve this issue?

I haven't found anything like this.Principal on my WCF Service.ipad 2 cases
iPad2 caseI'm hanving exactly the same issue here.

Best Regards.

JB

I was using HttpContext.Current.User in the EntityServerQueryInterceptor to get the logged in user. That worked in- browser on Windows and Mac and out-of-browser on Windows but not oob on Mac.

Edited by Cartmill - 05-Apr-2011 at 7:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply