FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Initial Setup, Log File

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yimbot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yimbot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Initial Setup, Log File
    Posted: 15-Jan-2011 at 4:55pm
Hi,

I have added DevForce support to an Intersoft Silverlight Business Application.

For the most part, it seems to work well, however, I am net getting server logging.

My Web.Config has the following entry:

<ideablade.configuration version="6.00" xmlns="http://schemas.ideablade.com/2010/IdeaBladeConfig">

<logging logFile="log\DebugLog.xml" />

<objectServer>

<serverSettings useAspNetSecurityServices="true" />

</objectServer>

</ideablade.configuration>

I have an empty Log folder in the asp project with no XML or other documents in it.

I have basically left the existing RIA Services in place for user authentication as it did not seem worth the effort to change it to DevForce. I basically just added the references to both projects and modified the Web.Config and Global.asax.
Are there any other steps I need to take to get this working?

Has anybody converted an Intersoft Business application to work purely with DevForce? This would be preferable to me to not use RIA at all, but as I mentioned, I would rather get my application developed and not expend the energy on replacing RIA with DevForce for the User Authentication.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2011 at 6:19pm
In order to create the log file the process running the DevForce services needs write permissions to the log folder.  You can do this by granting either the application pool user Id or the IIS_IUSRS group write access to this folder.  Do this through either the file system (right click the folder then select Properties-> Security) or through IIS Manager  (right click, Edit Permissions -> Security).

The integration with RIA for authentication shouldn't be a problem, as DevForce will use the credentials of the logged in user.  I should add though, that unless you've customized the login process the conversion to DevForce authentication shouldn't be too painful, since the DevForce Business Application Template contains authentication/registration features that closely parallel RIA.  Even if not using this template you can still pull out the files needed (which we'll provide information on if you're interested).

You've probably already seen it, but if not we have a sample application integrating with Intersoft ClientUI MVVM (unfortunately not the Business MVVM, at least not yet).  See http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/ClientUIDevForceIntegration.

yimbot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yimbot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2011 at 2:55am
Great,

Thanks kimj. Should've been obvious...
 Post Reply Post Reply