New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Posted: 18-Jan-2011 at 5:20pm
You don't need to actually install DevForce on the deployment PCs but you do need to ensure all required assemblies are present in the same folder as your application executable.

The Deployment chapter in the Developer Guide contains a table of client-side and server-side file sets; take a look at this to see all the various assemblies you need for your configuration.  Since you're using Developer Express and the error is occurring when initializing a binding manager also make sure that all the required DevExpress assemblies are present too. 

If you used the Assembly Binding Redirector to modify your machine.config file then you should also make those same modifications to either the app.config file of the application or the machine.config on target PCs.  (The redirector is used when the version of a UI suite, such as DevExpress, used by DevForce differs from the version you are actually using.)  There's information in the Installation Guide on how to create/modify an app.config with binding redirects.
kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2011 at 3:43am
It's my first time deploying an application that uses ideablade technology. I don't know why I'm encountering this error. I attempted to deploy my solution from a PC that has ideablade installed in it to a pc without ideablade installed. Do I need to install ideablade in every pc in order for my application to function properly? I have observed that this error only occurs on forms that uses Control Binding Manager. Please help.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.UIBinderMap.UpdateMap(Assembly pAssembly, Type pBinderBaseType)
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.ControlBinderMap.LoadControlSuite(Type pControlType)
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.ControlBinderMap.GetDataBinder(Type pControlType)
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.ControlBindingManager.BindCore(BindingDescriptor pDescriptor)
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.BindingManager.BindAll()
   at IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.BindingManager.EndInit()
   at Biosyn_PMApplication.ItemMasterView.InitializeComponent()
   at Biosyn_PMApplication.ItemMasterView..ctor()
   at Biosyn_PMApplication.MainForm.ItemMaster_Load()
   at Biosyn_PMApplication.MainForm.ItemMasterView()
   at Biosyn_PMApplication.MainForm.masterFileTreeList_FocusedNodeChanged(Object sender, FocusedNodeChangedEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.RaiseFocusedNodeChanged(TreeListNode oldNode, TreeListNode newNode)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.InternalSetFocusedRowIndex(Int32 newFocusedRowIndex)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.set_FocusedRowIndex(Int32 value)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.NodePressedState.ChangeSelection(RowInfo pressRowInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.NodePressedState.Init()
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.SetControlState(TreeListState state)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.NormalState.OnPressNode()
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.NormalState.MouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, TreeListHitTest ht)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.Handler.TreeListHandler.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Post Reply Post Reply