FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Property Level HasErrors property...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
as123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote as123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Property Level HasErrors property...
    Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 11:18am

When multiple verifiers are attached to a single property, is there a way to accumulate the results at the individual property level and see whether everything succeeded?

For example, let us say I have ID and Name properties on an entity, and each of them has 5 verifiers. Now, if I need to know whether ID is valid (after executing all the 5 verifiers) as part of the Business logic, do I need to go through the verifier result collection and check the results? Is there any DevForce property specifying whether each Entity Property is valid, similar to HasErrors on the Instance?

Thanks

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 5:12pm

Hi as123,

You can check the property for validation errors by using the GetErrors(propertyName) method:

var idErrors = ((INotifyDataErrorInfo)employee).GetErrors(Employee.PropertyMetadata.Id.Name);

The GetErrors method is a member of the INotifyDataErrorInfo interface which is implemented by the EntityWrapper.

You can find valuable information about this topic in our DevForce Resource Center and also find more information about the INotifyDataErrorInfo and the EntityWrapper in our API Documentation online. (also installed with DevForce)

Regards,
   Silvio.
as123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote as123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 5:14pm
         Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply