New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Exception: "transaction has aborted"  When Implementing code sample with DevArt dotConnect for postgres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exception: "transaction has aborted" When Implementing code sample with DevArt dotConnect for postgres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yasirhantoush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yasirhantoush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exception: "transaction has aborted" When Implementing code sample with DevArt dotConnect for postgres
    Posted: 28-Feb-2011 at 2:37am
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use DevArt dotConnect for a postgres database.
I am following the Code Sample:Hello DevForce.
I followed every step using Northinwind db and it was working fine.
Then I did same typical steps only this time using a DevArt dotConnect connection instead,, and it fails with the exception:
    - IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerException:The transaction has aborted
    - FailureType: IdeaBlade.EntityModel.PersistenceFailure.Other

This is the StackTrace:

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.HandleEntityServerException(Exception ex, Boolean tryToHandle, PersistenceOperation operation, Boolean throwOnError)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.HandleEntityServerException(Exception ex, Boolean tryToHandle, PersistenceOperation operation, Boolean throwOnError)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.ExecuteServerQuery(IEntityQuerySurrogate entityQuery)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.ExecuteFetch(IEntityFinder finder)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityQueryFinder.Execute()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.ExecuteQueryCore(IEntityQuery query, Boolean isAsync)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.ExecuteQuery[T](IEntityQuery`1 query)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityQueryExtensions.Execute[T](IEntityQuery`1 query)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityQuery`1.GetEnumerator()
   at WpfApplication1.MainWindowViewModel.FirstSample() in D:\ITProjects\Scrap\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindowViewModel.cs:line 37
   at WpfApplication1.MainWindowViewModel.Start() in D:\ITProjects\Scrap\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindowViewModel.cs:line 22
   at WpfApplication1.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in D:\ITProjects\Scrap\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 32 ...

Any ideas what is the problem?

Thanks.

Edited by yasirhantoush - 01-Mar-2011 at 12:47am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2011 at 3:32pm
yasirhantoush,

Sorry for the delayed reply,

I am in the process of investigating your issue.

Silvio.

Post Options Post Options   Quote yasirhantoush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2011 at 12:19pm
Hello sbelini,

Thanks for the follow up.

I Found out that whenever I set the DevForce Enabled = False in the model properties, it works absolutely fine.
That means when I am using the Entity Framework without DevForce.

Thanks.
Yasir.

Edited by yasirhantoush - 05-Mar-2011 at 12:20pm
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2011 at 1:23pm
Yasirhantoush,

Thanks for the update.

Can you enable DevForce back and try the following:

TransactionSettings.Default = new TransactionSettings (System.Transactions.IsolationLevel.ReadCommitted,
                                                                                     new TimeSpan(0, 1, 0),
                                                                                     false);

Let me know if the issue still persists after that.

Silvio.

Post Options Post Options   Quote yasirhantoush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2011 at 3:24am
Hello Silvio,

After adding the .Net reference System.transactions, and adding the provided code, it is working now.

Thanks.

Yasir.

Edited by yasirhantoush - 06-Mar-2011 at 3:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply