FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DebugLog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DebugLog
    Posted: 31-Mar-2011 at 6:52am
The server debug log seems to get cleared each time the Service starts.  Is there a setting so that it doesn't restart the log, but just appends to what is already there?

Thanks,

Greg
robertg View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote robertg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2011 at 10:11am
Greg, I've verfied in the source code that if the archiveLogs in the app.config is set to true, the logging class will keep multiple log files; at initialization, it will attempt to rename the old log file to use the current timestamp, and if it cannot do so (because of a file log, for example), will create and use a new file with a numeric extension to its name. If archiveLogs is set to false, it deletes the old file before it begins the new one.

In neither case does it append to the existing file.

If your logging information is being lost with each restart, you may have this setting set to false. If that doesn't seem to be the case, would you please let me know?

--Robert
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2011 at 11:59am
Thanks, that works for me.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply