FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

General Question mySQL/DevForce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zero-G. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zero-G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Question mySQL/DevForce
    Posted: 07-Jul-2011 at 10:42pm
Hey
So, I come from the Winforms technology and I am evaluating your product for Silverlight now, because I want to change my project.

At the moment, I use DevArt's mySQL product called dotConnect for mySQL. I am very happy with it and I want to use there product in future also.
I looked on your "Getting started" video and saw. that you would need the EDMX Model to get your Template working.
I tried to use the ADO.NET Entity Model from the VS2010 Built-in template. - But this doesn't work well with mySQL (I used the DevArts driver)  - But many of my associations do not work, because in mySQL I can create a fk rule between 2 char rows for example. This does not work with the Generator from MS for me.
So, I have to use the Genearted code from the Devart's Entity Model Designer. Which is working very well and is specially created for mySQL, so there are also SQL generated performance options in there.

Long text... > Is it anyhow possible to use your products with the DevArt's Entity Model Designer?

THX for any tip and help

PS: I do write my apps in VB.NET

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2011 at 5:44pm
Hi Zero-G,

DevForce integrates with Visual Studio's EDM Designer only.

I've looked at the .edml file created by DevArt's Entity Model Designer and it seemed very similar to the .edmx created by VS EDM Designer. As a matter of fact, renaming the file from .edml to .edmx worked with no issue although I can't guarantee to what extend. (I converted NorthwindIB to MySQL and tried)

There was someone who actually did the same thing and documented it at http://www.devart.com/blogs/dotconnect/index.php/tag/ideablade-devforce.

Kind regards,
   Silvio.
 Post Reply Post Reply