FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ChildTabViewController issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jocur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jocur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ChildTabViewController issues
    Posted: 25-Oct-2011 at 4:19pm
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the tool bars under one childtabviewcontrollers.

For some weird reason, I don't get it to be disable/enable at the UI. We upgraded from Cab framework ,before this was implemented like this:

on the method (under the childtabviewcontroller:
public override void CreateView()
            {
                base.CreateView();
                 DisableAddNew();
            }

This code does not work anymore for my childtabviewcontrollers. Could you let me know how to implement disable or enable

regards

Joan
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2011 at 5:06pm
Hi Joan - With great regret I must tell you that we cannot help you. We stopped working with CAB a few years ago and I don't think that Microsoft Patterns and Practices  (P&P) supports it any more. We haven't talked about it with them I can say for sure.

Cabana (our toolkit on top of CAB) hasn't been touched either. The CAB and Cabana source have always been open for you to read. We offered Cabana "as is", without support. We haven't answered a question on it in a long time.

You're on your own I'm afraid. I wish you the best of luck.

Before sending you on your way, I invite you to consider the evolution of UI development that's taken place in the intervening years. P&P moved on to PRISM for WPF and Silverlight development and have released several versions. There was a PRISM for Windows Forms once (from Brian Noyes I think; you'll have to search for it).

There are lots of other frameworks for XAML application development. You might look at our DevForce Application Framework which uses our DevForce 2010 product and .NET 4.0
 Post Reply Post Reply