FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silverlight Stored Procedures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rickadams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rickadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverlight Stored Procedures
    Posted: 12-Dec-2011 at 2:25pm
I am having implementing a stored procedure and returning a complex type. Here is the stored proc

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[PromoCatalogItem_TotalQuantity]

@promoCatalog_ID decimal(18,0),
@member_ID decimal(18,0)
AS
BEGIN
    SET NOCOUNT ON;
    SELECT PromoCatalog_Item_ID,
           SUM(T2.Promo.value('(DATACOUNT)[1]', 'decimal(18,6)')) AS TotalOnQuantity ,
           COUNT(*) as Times
    FROM Member_Promocatalog_Data
    CROSS APPLY ReportData1.nodes('/DATA/ONPROMO') T2(Promo)
    WHERE Member_PromoCatalog_ID = @promoCatalog_ID
    AND ReceiverID = @member_ID
    GROUP BY PromoCatalog_Item_ID
END

I wish to return a complex type which is the rows from the SELECT statement. I have created a FunctionImport defined for this stored proc but I am unable to return the results. I have verified that the correct paramters are passed to the SP and I have validated that the SP returns a result with this parameters using SQL Enterprise Manager. Here is the code I am using in Silverlight

public INotifyCompleted load_PromoCatalogItemOrderLevels_Coroutine( Decimal promoCatalogID, Decimal memberID)
        {
            var q = mgrPromoCatalog.PromoCatalogItem_TotalQuantityQuery(memberID, promoCatalogID);
            return mgrPromoCatalog.ExecuteQueryAsync(q);
        } 
and I call this in a Coroutine using StartParallel. Here is the Completed handler ( I Have deleted other code to minimize the amount of text )

public void load_MemberPromoCatalogEntities(Member_PromoCatalog memberPromoCatalog, Decimal memberID)
        {
            var coop = Coroutine.StartParallel(() => load_MemberPromoCatalogEntitiesCoroutine(memberPromoCatalog, memberID));
            coop.Completed += (sender, args) =>
            {
                if (args.CompletedSuccessfully)
                {
                    //get the results from our stored procedure call
                    var results = args.Notifications[5] 
                 }
                else
                {
                }
            };
        }

I see no errors in the results but I have not data returning. Any help would be appreciated
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2011 at 12:31pm
Hi rickadams;

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here's a sample in Silverlight showing a similar example using NorthwindIB on how to use StoredProcQuery returning a complex type with parallel coroutines.

rickadams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rickadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2011 at 8:55am
thanks Denis. the example code did the trick and I am now able to get my complex types returned correctly

Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply