FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SQLite 3 Connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQLite 3 Connection
    Posted: 19-Jan-2012 at 9:37pm
Is it Possible to use SQLite 3 Data base in Classic version.

Please Explain ?

Have a nice day
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2012 at 4:53pm
We haven't done any testing with SQLite.  Our general guidance is that as long as the database is ANSI SQL-92 compliant and an OLE-DB provider exists for it, then it may work.    Support for some databases can require additional customization to get it working fully with DevForce, which we can provide information for if you find you need it.
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2012 at 5:29pm
Thank you for the replay

Please do explain how to connect a SLQite3.

Have a nice day 
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2012 at 11:07am

The DevForce Developers Guide, installed with DevForce Classic, has information on how to get started.  See the Chapter 2 topic "Map a Business Object" for how to point to your database.  Chapter 4 on "Business Object Mapping" also has additional details.

I would first review the documentation and then give the Object Mapper a try with your database.  If you then find that you need to tweak something we have several different customization points, including the AdoProviderHelper, DataSourceMappingInterceptor and IAdaptorProvider.  The help reference has more information on these, but I'd wait until you know you must customize before you dig into these advanced topics.

Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2012 at 7:57am
Dear Kimj

Thank you for the information.

Please let me know if LocalDB Denali CTP3 can be use in Classic Version

Have a nice day

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2012 at 9:14am
We have not yet done any testing with either a CTP or the RCO of SQL Server 2012.  Except for new query/save related features, such as sequences and adhoc querying, DevForce Classic will most likely work with it. 
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 8:05am
Hi kimj,

After going through the manual, i am unlucky to connect it in the classic version.
But i was successful in Universal version.

Please let me know how to tweak the classic version to make SQLite  work.

Thanks, Have a good day

Post Reply Post Reply