FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Security with two ADO Providers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security with two ADO Providers
    Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 10:18am
I have an application that has two databases. One is SQL Server and the other is provided through an ADO.Net entity provider for QuickBooks(RSSBus). My problem is that I am enforcing security with the SQL Server db and have indicated that a LoginManager is necessary in my App.Config. Everything works great with this database. The problem is that I don't require a login to the QuickBooks database. When I try to create and access the QuickBooks db I get an login exception. Each data model is in a seperate project/assembly. How can I tell Devforce to login to the SQL Server data model but not require login for the QuickBooks data model?
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 12:34pm
I have this working albiet in a way that may not be the correct way. In LoginManager I check for a null credential being passed into the Login function and return an authenticated principal. I would like some verification as to whether this is the best way to handle this.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 2:12pm
Hi rclarke,

Since you want to enforce a LoginManager in the config file, your approach is appears to the a good one because every EM will login (i.e. it will call the IEntityLoginManager on the server, with the credentials - or lack of credentials - supplied).

Regards,
   Silvio.
 Post Reply Post Reply