FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cocktail beta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johnl View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocktail beta
    Posted: 06-Feb-2012 at 10:16am
The Cocktail brings DevForce 2010 and Caliburn Micro together to provide an end-to-end foundation for building applications.

We use Cocktail every day on our customers’ real-world, WPF and Silverlight applications. Until recently, we’ve nurtured it exclusively within our professional services practice. But we hear the broad call for proven design, solid application structure, robust components, and "best practices" that actually work. We provide all of that with Cocktail.

Now we’re releasing Cocktail into the wild … inviting you to try it, share your feedback, contribute improvements, and benefit from our collective experience.

Quick links
esaulsberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote esaulsberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2012 at 1:33pm
Cool, but after installing Cocktail through NuGet, I have a compilation issue.  I don't see a 6.5.1.1 release under the customer portal.

Error 3 Assembly 'Cocktail.SL, Version=0.2.0.344, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7d8c7326b555a04a' uses 'IdeaBlade.Validation.SL, Version=6.1.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'IdeaBlade.Validation.SL, Version=6.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0' DbModel.SL c:\Projects\2 - Research Projects\EFCF\SilverlightApplication2\packages\CocktailCTP.0.2\lib\sl40\Cocktail.SL.dll
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2012 at 2:13pm
Hi esaulsberry,

Sorry for the confusion.
The DevForce version available for download in the customer portal is indeed v.6.1.5.1. (even though it only states version 6.1.5)

Regards,
   Silvio.

Edited by sbelini - 17-Feb-2012 at 2:18pm
pponzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pponzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 11:42pm
Excuse me on the cocktail page  it says Cocktail 1.0.0.0 RTW .... I only see 0.31 ...is it ok?
It's ok to use it instead of DAF even in a production enviorment?

Thanks
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2012 at 12:45am
Yes, the screenshot was taken a little early. The latest version is 0.3.1. Before we make it v1, we want to collect as much feedback as possible. It's perfectly fine to use it in production. The core code came all from DAF, where it's been tested in the real world for more than a year. The areas that might change in Cocktail are the new functionality that is not in DAF, but don't expect major breaking changes. If you run into any issues, let me assure you that I will fix them ASAP.

Edited by mgood - 22-Feb-2012 at 12:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply