FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityManager error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alex.tiuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alex.tiuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityManager error
    Posted: 24-Feb-2012 at 6:28am
I get this error and i don't know how to solve it. The error is thrown on this method:

public static List<TIPI_RECAPITI> GetTipiRecapiti()
        {
            var query = from q in dbContext.TIPI_RECAPITI
                        orderby q.ID ascending
                        select q;

return query.ToList<TIPI_RECAPITI>();
        }   

An EntityManager can only execute on a single thread. This EntityManager is authorized to execute on the thread with id=’16’; the requested operation came from the thread with Id=‘12’.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2012 at 2:59pm
Hi Alex,

What most likely happen is that the EM is created on another thread but is executing query on a different thread.
alex.tiuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alex.tiuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 3:01am
How can i execute queries on the same thread?
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 8:07pm
Well, in general, if you're doing synchronous operations, they stay on the same thread. It's a different story if you're doing asynchronous operations.

If you can upload your project here, I can take a quick look and let you know what's wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply