FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityService.svc not found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityService.svc not found
    Posted: 05-Mar-2012 at 8:55am

I am trying to move my BOS server with Silverlight components to our existing web site infrastructure, currently seperate.

I am having difficulty with getting the EntityService.svc to respond. I have added the System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.RegisterVirtualPathProvider(new IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Web.ServiceVirtualPathProvider()); to the Global.asax file. I have restarted but it still is not find it.

Help or direction would be appreciated.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2012 at 11:58am
Hi orcities,

Could you upload the DebugLog.xml? I'm hoping to see some clues there.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2012 at 9:58am
The log file is never created.

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2012 at 4:15pm
Is your web.config set to create the debug log?

When you say EntityService not found, do you mean that you navigate directly using your web browser to the EntityService.svc page (http://yourhost/EntityService.svc), and it's returning a 404 error?

Also see if our troubleshooting pages can help you further.

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 7:07am
The resource could not be found.

http 404
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 7:10am
My understanding is that on startup the IdeaBlade.EntityMode.Web.ServiceVirtualPathProvider get registered and creates the EntityService.svc.

It seems like it is never calling this and creating the service. I know there is no physical file.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 2:42pm
That is correct.

I did some tests and it appears that as far as I know, there are only 2 ways you can get "Resource not found" exception.

1) If you don't have global.asax
or
2) If you dont' have the RegisterVirtualPathProvider statement.

You claim to have both. So my next guess is you're not deploying to where you think you're deploying, i.e. somehow your deployment site and the http://yourhost/EntityService.svc address doesn't match.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 2:45pm

I guarantee I am correct in both.

My only other assumption is a conflict with the system. I am using DotNetNuke as the base system/web site. My global.asax is as follows:

<%@ Application Inherits="DotNetNuke.Common.DotNetNukeHttpApplication" Language="C#" %>

<script language="C#" runat="server">

/// <summary>

/// Perform application start activities. 

/// </summary>

protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) {

// To enable remote viewing of trace messages via the TraceViewer:

// TODO:  Comment/uncomment the following line as appropriate for your installation

//IdeaBlade.Core.TracePublisher.LocalInstance.MakeRemotable();    

// Register a virtual path provider for *.svc files. 

// You do not need to supply .svc files for the EntityService and EntityServer services

// when the provider is registered.     

System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.RegisterVirtualPathProvider(new IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Web.ServiceVirtualPathProvider());    

}                                         

</script>

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 3:20pm
Hmm, that may explain why it doesn't work. I had a quick discussion with our IIS expert. DotNetNuke is a CMS application and you're trying to inherit a DevForce application from this application. Obviously it will have conflicts. We're neither familiar with DotNetNuke nor do we know if DevForce works under it.

In any case, here's a post that might help but beyond this, we don't have any other suggestion. 

Post Reply Post Reply