FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Making PhoneTypeSelectorViewModel more moduler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making PhoneTypeSelectorViewModel more moduler
    Posted: 16-Mar-2012 at 2:19pm
This is another question that references TempHire but is more me just thinking about how to move our project over.

In TempHire there is a very clean very easy to understand viewmodel called PhoneTypeSelectorViewModel. The only problem I have with it is that it is tied to the IStaffingResourceRepository. It seems like if you were going to have a phonenumber type picker you would want to be able to use it for Customers, Employees, Vendor, ect.

We have similar situations and were wondering if there is a way to avoid creating the same view model three times when you really only want to change which repository it looks at.
-John Bloom
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2012 at 2:24pm
By moduler I mean modular. Cant seem to find how to edit my post.
-John Bloom
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2012 at 3:17pm
Yes, that can be done, for example by using the unit of work pattern.
 Post Reply Post Reply