FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sharing Entities between repositories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharing Entities between repositories
    Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 2:33pm
We have a part of our program that has a massive data entry screen. It is where our customers spend a majority of their time. We have one repository that loads most of the information for it and saves the records but we have other repositories that we use as well. With the context this all worked because the repositories shared the same manager, but now I am running into a lot of issues because the entities are coming from different managers and are trying to be integrated with the main repository.

Is there a way to share managers between different repositories?
Should I be importing the items into my main repository?

What should I do at this point?

Thanks
John
-John Bloom
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 5:29pm
This is a candiate for the unit of work pattern. UoW is not demonstrated in the current TempHire example, but I'm working on refactoring TempHire to use UoW. It's becoming more of a need than it used to. I can give you a preview if you'd like.
paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 1:20pm
Marcel, could I get a glimpse of UoW preview? I would like to see the approach you're taking.

Thanks...  -Paul

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 3:51pm
Paul,
I sent you a link.
 Post Reply Post Reply