FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Runtime Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Runtime Error
    Posted: 27-Mar-2012 at 2:35am
while deploying WinApp in a single tier i get this error.

Unable to login: The Connection string for Key 'eFilerDBEntities' was not fount or in invalid. A default IdeaBladeConfig is in use and does not contain either ConnectionString or EdmKeys. Ensure a valid configuration file containing connection information is present, or implement a custom IdataSourceKeyResolver.

Please help

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2012 at 12:13pm
Can you provide your app.config file?
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 3:46am
Hi sbelini,

sorry for the delay, (was sick) please find the app.config file here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o7rnm0n1dao6dl0

while testing the app from vs2010 it works fine. It also works out side the vs2010 very fine. All is weel in the on the developer machine. If i try to move the program with all the .dll(s) to a diffrent machine it prompts an error

my program as an IdataSourceKeyResolver implemented. all woks fine in the developing machine. only this error comes when i deploy to another machine. It is a single tire win.forms application. using SQLite as back end database.

Pleas let me know what is wrong, anything i missed wile moving the program to another machine.

Have a nice day

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 9:46am
Thanks for the additional information about the DataSourceKeyResolver.

Have you updated the connectionString for the tenant to match the new machine's location? (i.e. CucumberCosterDBEntities in your sample)

sbelini.

Edited by sbelini - 05-Oct-2012 at 9:47am
Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 9:57pm
Hi sbelini,

thanks for your reply, please explain what you mean by,

"Have you updated the connectionString for the tenant to match the new machine's location?"

I have copied the entire database location to the new machine, and i have even check the existence of the database in my code before i use it.

Pleas kindly explain, the above context.

Have a nice day.

Sakar SR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sakar SR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2012 at 3:54am
Hi sbelini,

the problem is solved after adding these lines to the app.config

<system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <remove invariant="System.Data.SQLite"/>
      <add name="SQLite Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SQLite"
           description=".Net Framework Data Provider for SQLite" type="System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteFactory, System.Data.SQLite" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data> 

Thank you, have a nice day and good health.

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2012 at 8:16am
Thanks for the update, Sakar SR.

sbelini
 Post Reply Post Reply