FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] DevForce 3.5.2.5 and Cabana 2.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] DevForce 3.5.2.5 and Cabana 2.2
    Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 2:58pm

I have installed the most recent release of DevForce and when I build the fresh solution of Cabana, I get the following messages in my output windows:

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.Util, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.Util.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DotnetControls, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DotnetControls.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.Persistence, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.Persistence.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.Persistence.Rdb, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.Persistence.Rdb.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.Verification, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.Verification.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.Rdb, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.Rdb.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "IdeaBlade.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0" from Version "3.5.2.3" [] to Version "3.5.2.5" [C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\IdeaBlade.UI.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

I do not want to embark on the journey of editing the Xml in the app.config file to remap these assemblies.  Do I need to remove them from the CabanaShell and re-add them or is there some other simpler solution?

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by Linguinut - 29-Oct-2007 at 12:51pm
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 3:18pm
I removed the IdeaBlade.Util assembly, then re-added it.  After I ran the build, it is still showing up in the warning list in the output window.

The app will not start and throws an error nearly immediately telling me that the IdeaBlade.Persistence.DLL (3.5.2.3) is missing.  It certainly is since I installed 3.5.2.5, but how can I get the project to know that it is a different version?  I'll admit that this may be a simple VS 2005 issue, but I am at a loss on how to solve it.

Thanks for helping me in my ignorance,
Bill
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 6:23pm
I have figured out the solution to this problem.  There had to be an assembly somewhere referencing the old version.  The only place that I didn't think about until a few minutes ago was the LIB folder.  I deleted all assemblies related to the LIB solution and built all of the projects again in that solution.  All new assemblies were created in the LIB folder.  I rebuilt the Cabana solution and all went without a hitch...no errors, no warnings and no additional considerations.

Upon running the app, the splash came up like normal, then the trace viewer fired, followed by the CAB visualizer (nifty), then finally the application itself. 

Now, time to dig in.

Bill
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 9:13pm
Thanks go to Bill for finding the project that had the reference to a specific version of DevForce.  Ward has fixed the problem,

Here are the latest words from Ward:

Fixed a bunch of stuff so tell anyone who calls to check that they loaded more recently than this email.

Dealt with the project in CabanaLib that was holding on to a specific version of DF

InstallationAndReleaseNotes is updated everywhere (including an HTML version avail from the web page).

k_james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote k_james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 1:29am
Upgraded my devforce to the latest version 3.5.4.1 on the understanding that Cab 2300 works with DF 3.5.3.1. or later and rerun the object mapper to update my model.

I created a new Cabana solution using the wizard and the compilation was successful.

However when I try running the application I get a exception. When I set the IDE to throw common language runtime exception.  The problem fusionlog message displayed is

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = Forester\k_james
LOG: DisplayName = IdeaBlade.Persistence, Version=3.5.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Manager SWE/Bezalel/HWorld3/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : IdeaBlade.Common.EntityModel, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Manager SWE\Bezalel\HWorld3\bin\Debug\Rusal.HWorld3.Shell.vshost.exe.Config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: IdeaBlade.Persistence, Version=3.5.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Manager SWE/Bezalel/HWorld3/bin/Debug/IdeaBlade.Persistence.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Manager SWE/Bezalel/HWorld3/bin/Debug/IdeaBlade.Persistence/IdeaBlade.Persistence.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Manager SWE/Bezalel/HWorld3/bin/Debug/IdeaBlade.Persistence.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Manager SWE/Bezalel/HWorld3/bin/Debug/IdeaBlade.Persistence/IdeaBlade.Persistence.EXE.

I located the IdeaBlade.Common.EntityModel updated the Ideablade.Persistence DLL but cannot sign it and therefore cant compile. Where can I find the strong Name Key file.

The error I have is

Assembly 'C:\Manager SWE\Bezalel\HWorld3\bin\Debug\IdeaBlade.Common.EntityModel.dll' must be strong signed in order to be marked as a prerequisite.

Edited by k_james - 19-Oct-2007 at 2:37am
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 10:16am
Hi kj,

Welcome to the forums!

Not sure if this will help...you also may have done this already...

Delete the reference in the Model project.
Delete the assembly from the LIB folder (debug, too, if there).
Add the reference back into the Model project.
Rebuild the solution.
Close the IDE.
Reopen the IDE and run the app.

Take care,
Bill
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 4:22pm
Are you running in 3-tier mode with a remote persistence server?
In order to maintain type synchronization, DevForce requires that the server and client be built with the same version of DevForce.

Bill Jensen
IdeaBlade
 Post Reply Post Reply