FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cocktail 0.6 - temphire broken or local issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
siko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote siko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocktail 0.6 - temphire broken or local issues?
    Posted: 06-May-2012 at 4:57am
Hi,

Just downloaded DF 6.1.7 installed it and downloaded latest version of cocktail source.

I receive this running TempHire:

Unable to initialize EntityManager
Unable to get metadata for Security.User. Make sure it is a valid entity type or POCO type with a KeyAttribute

I tried downloading the released sources (0.6) but I get the same.

Something wrong on my pc?

Sijmen
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2012 at 10:06am
I've just seen this last week on somebody else's machine. Not with TempHire, but their own solution. In their case it was a hosed PostSharp installation. Make sure you have Visual Studio closed, then go to Control Panel and uninstall PostSharp. Then go to the Start Menu|DevForce|Tools and run the PostSharp Installer. When you get to the license screen, just cancel out. You don't need to enter a license.
Verify that your build process is working correctly by deleting the .ibmmx files from the DomainModel and Security projects. After building once, the .ibmmx files should be regenerated and added back to the projects.

Let me know if that solves the issue.
siko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote siko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2012 at 12:41pm
That worked! We're back in business.
Thank you!
siko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote siko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2012 at 9:58am
Not sure if this is related or not, but after manually removing the references to IdeaBlade.* and Cocktail*  and adding references to the new versions (6.1.7 and 0.6/1.02) the following error bubbles up when fetching data using a EntityQueryPager:

Argument types do not match

Stacktrace:
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.PageChangedOperation`1.HandleError(EntityQueryPageChangedEventArgs`1 pcArgs)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.PageChangedOperation`1.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.PageChangedOperation`1.<.ctor>b__0(Object s, CoroutineCompletedEventArgs e)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.IdeaBlade.EntityModel.IHasAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.CoroutineOperation.OnCompleted(INotifyCompletedArgs notifyCompletedArgs)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.CoroutineSerialProcessor.HandleCompletedAndProcessNext(INotifyCompletedArgs args)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation.NotifyCompletedDelegate.Invoke(INotifyCompletedArgs args)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation.BaseOnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.IdeaBlade.EntityModel.IHasAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(TArgs args)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.Signal()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.<Execute>b__5(Object x)

Then I deleted all resharper, bin and obj folders.
After this the IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Web.ServiceVirtualPathProvider()
was not resolved... although all the references where there.
I ended up rebuilding the asp.net web application from scratch.

What would be the right way to upgrade the solution?

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2012 at 12:47pm
I don't think this is related. The following are the steps for upgrading an existing solution.

1. Set specific version=false on all references, so it automatically builds against the latest versions.

2. Perform a "flush", that's deleting all bin etc. directories. You can use flush.cmd that ships with Cocktail.

3. If you use an edmx, regen the model. Right-click on the .tt file and select run custom tool. This step is not always necessary, but good practice.

4. Rebuild everything and make necessary changes to your code based on breaking changes introduced in the new versions of Cocktail and DevForce.

If you use Nuget you can upgrade Cocktail via Nuget.
siko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote siko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2012 at 7:10am
Thanks. That worked.
Nuget is a blessing.

Sijmen
 Post Reply Post Reply