FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Problem when adding EDMX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pponzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pponzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem when adding EDMX
    Posted: 09-May-2012 at 3:23am
Hello,
I've upgraded my project from 6.1.6.0 to 6.1.7.0 and the old functionality are working fine.... I've to add a new edmx but as I click the OK button I got this
exception

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Cannot load '<path>\myfile.edmx': Could not load file or assembly 'IdeaBlade.VisualStudio.OM.Designer.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified.
OK  

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
pponzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pponzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2012 at 3:28am
I also this as I click on the first OK messagebox

Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'MarshalingWindowFrame'.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2012 at 11:02am
Hi Paolo,

Can you check if the Designer extension was installed? (Visual Studio Menu >> Tools >> Extension Manager)

If not, you can install it manually at C:\Program Files (x86)\DevForce 2010\IdeaBlade.VisualStudio.OM.Designer.vsix. (Be sure to restart Visual Studio)

The Installation Troubleshooting topic of the DRC describes this and other situations that might occur after a new installation.

Let me know if that was the issue.

Regards,
   Silvio.

Edited by sbelini - 09-May-2012 at 11:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply