FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom template - finding assemblies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom template - finding assemblies
    Posted: 22-Sep-2012 at 8:37am
I notice that the DevForce 2012 assemblies are not installed in the GAC. I am using a custom template that is referencing IdeaBlade.Core and was getting an error as the file could not be found. I resolved the error by installing IdeaBlade.Core in the GAC but was curious what the correct resolution would be for this issue.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2012 at 12:55pm
The correct resolution would be to modify your template to install the DevForce package via NuGet. You can find more information at the following URL.

stage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2012 at 1:40pm
By a custom template, I am referring to a custom DevForce code generation template which I created per this topic - Customizing the DevForce code generation template.
stage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2012 at 2:15pm
I uninstalled DevForce and removed NuGet packages, then reinstalled everything and now it finds the IdeaBlade.Core.dll during the code generation process.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2012 at 2:47pm

Glad you got it working again, stage.  For the record, the updated documentation for DF2012 on this topic is here:  http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/custom-code-generation-template.  The procedures for writing a custom template are the same, but some of the assembly references have changed.

Post Reply Post Reply