FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

XML Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XML Data
    Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 10:48am
Scenerio: I have an app using the usual DevForce entities which covers about 95% of the data needs. For the last bit, I need to be able to have the end user define some data structure.

For example, lets say the end user want to extend the Customer Entity with a number of fields such as Int1, Int2, String1 and String2.

What I am thinking of doing is creating a related entity, say FreeFormEntity, which has a link to the Customer entity, and then one field of XML type which holds the extra data as xml.

Then I have a Form which is dynamically created based off of the xml in the field maybe based on the SL DataForm.

Am wondering if you guys have run accross this type of requirement and what you came up with that was most workable.

Greg
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2012 at 11:59am
Hi Greg,

We haven't seem such request, but it seems feasible.
I came across this article about creating forms dynamically: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4077318/loading-xaml-xml-through-runtime.

I hope this gives you a headstart.

Silvio.
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2012 at 6:20am
OK, thanks Silvio!

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply