FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Debug information in the console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debug information in the console
    Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 1:38pm
Hi,

When I had the cocktail project in my solution I used to have all the cocktail/caliburn logs in the output window. Myself, I was using a lot LogFns.TraceWriteLine to write informations there.

Since I switched to Nuget I don't see anymore the debug trace, yours or mine.

I guess this is because the package on nuget are from the Release build ? if so, if there a way to get the debug package off nuget ?
Not having those informations make difficult the debugging, specially right now with the migration to the v2.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 3:03pm
You can implement your own logger and write the trace messages to the console yourself.

You won't get everything, because some message are debug messages and they aren't written in the release build. You can build the debug assemblies from the source code and copy them to your packages folder, overwriting the release assemblies that were downloaded if you want the full debug output.

I should probably change everything to trace messages, so one doesn't need the debug assemblies.

Post Reply Post Reply