FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cocktail v2 : request on the Navigator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocktail v2 : request on the Navigator
    Posted: 01-Oct-2012 at 12:22am
Hi marcel,

It's actually impossible to navigate to a specific page when many named export on the same type exist

[Export("Parameters", typeof(IWorkspace))]
[Export("Company", typeof(IWorkspace))]

In my scenario, I need to name the export instead of creating specific interface for each page because of the dynamicaly XAP loading.

Could it be possible to add some overloads to the NavigateToAsync which add the name of the export ?

regards,

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2012 at 12:37pm
Yes, I can probably do that. Can you do me a favor and open an issue in the issue tracker on cocktail.codeplex.com, so I don't forget? Thx.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 5:44pm
Walid,
This is fixed now. Update to Cocktail v2.0.2. Updating Cocktail will also update DF to v7.0.1.
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 4:29am
Thank you Marcel.

Trying to test v2.0.2 - but having some troubles with DF v7.0.1, it seems that Code-First generation generates a wrong named ibbmx file : it doesn't use the DataSourceKeyName attribute.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 4:44am
I get this behavior if I have DF 2010 installed on the same machine. Haven't seen it any other times.
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 4:50am
Strange issue, haven't DF2010 installed...

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 4:54am
Does this happen if you build the latest TempHire from CodePlex?
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 4:57am
Found it.

Nuget didin't update this import :

<Import Project="..\..\..\packages\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop.7.0.0-beta1\tools\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Common.targets" Condition="Exists('..\..\..\packages\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop.7.0.0-beta1\tools\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Common.targets')" />

Fixing it solves the issue.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 5:21am
Hmmh... that actually happened to me, too. I thought it was a fluke, because I removed the package and re-added it and then the import was correct. Looks like there is something not working when doing a straight update. 
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 5:34am
BTW, Navigating to named exports works fine, I think it is more extensible like that...

Thank you again Marcel.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 6:02am
Cool. I'm glad it works. I tried reproducing the NuGet import issue again with the latest version of NuGet, but it worked fine this time. There was an update released to NuGet. I believe I updated after I had this issue. Maybe it's fixed in the latest version.
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 6:05am
I have updated NuGet yesterday with v2.1.31002
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 8:38am
Marcel,

Another detected issue occuring with both DF and Cocktail

I'm using the new Nuget 2.1 feature : Hierarchical Nuget.config

It seems that DF and Cocktail does link to the wrong path, not EF which is correct.

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 9:00am
This must be something in your hirachical config. The NuGet packages just contain the assemblies for each platform. Where they get installed all depends on the individual machine and NuGet config. We have no control over this when authoring the NuGet packages. This is either a bug in NuGet or something's backwards in your config.

Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 9:53am
I've tried to reproduce but did not succeed. Maybe something has gone wrong with the upgrade process.
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2012 at 10:23am
Ok I've reproduced, unchecking te rechecking a package does that. It occurs with EF too.

It is something wrong with my nuget.config, I've misunderstood the hierarchical config that overrides the solution one.
 Post Reply Post Reply