FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Authentication and co

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ceramist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ceramist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Authentication and co
    Posted: 13-Oct-2012 at 2:22pm
Using a Devforce 2012 Silverlight template and enabling Cocktail, I encounter this error when trying to access the AuthenticationService:
---
IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerConnectionException was unhandled by user code
  Cancelled=False
  Message=Unable to connect to EntityServer. Unable to start EntityServer-03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.svc service: The service '/EntityServer-03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Unable to find a compositionContext with the name: 03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.
  StackTrace:
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
       at SilverlightApplication1.ViewModels.ShellViewModel.VB$StateMachine_0_Login.MoveNext()
  InnerException: System.ServiceModel.FaultException(Of IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerFault)
       Message=Unable to start EntityServer-03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.svc service: The service '/EntityServer-03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Unable to find a compositionContext with the name: 03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa.
       StackTrace:
            at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
            at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
            at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
            at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
            at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.RemoteEntityServiceProxyBase.<ExecuteOnServerAsync>d__1`1.MoveNext()
       InnerException:

---

Any assistance would be appreciated it. 
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2012 at 11:48pm
As the error messages states you have  the AuthenticationService configured with a CompositionContext that doesn't exist. You have to define the CompositionContext with name 03032de2-fe20-4ec3-8a4e-8a868fdbffaa. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

More about the CompositionContext can be found here: http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/discovery-context
ceramist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ceramist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2012 at 11:59am

My Solution is leveraging your Common project from the TempHire Solution so I might employ several of the interfaces and BootStrapperBase.  However, I had neglected to exclude DemoConnectionOptionsResolver.cs which was to be included in TempHire for the Demo configuration and would initialize the fake backing store.  By excluding this file, the Authentication proceeds as planned and I was able to make the EntityServer operate.

Post Reply Post Reply