FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PostSharp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juergen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juergen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PostSharp
    Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 1:31am
Hello,

I get following message:

>>The module 'SecurityModel.dll' does not contain any aspect or other transformation. For improved build-time performance, consider disabling PostSharp for this module by setting the compilation symbol (aka constant) 'SkipPostSharp' in your project, or set the MSBuild property 'SkipPostSharp=True'.<<

But in Visual Studio 2012 I don't have a PostSharp tab under project settings. Is that right?

Also my Silverlight app shows 100 % but don't show anything else. How can I find out what is going wrong? A stop point in the AppBootstrapper.cs will never be reached.

Best regards,
Juergen
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 11:18am
The PostSharp add-in is not currently available in VS 2012. You can manually add the MSBuild property by editing your project file. Add it to the main PropertyGroup (the one without condition)

<PropertyGroup>
    <SkipPostSharp>True</SkipPostSharp>
  </PropertyGroup>

As for your Silverlight app being stuck at 100%, do you have the bootstrapper added to the app.xaml?

Edited by mgood - 16-Oct-2012 at 11:19am
Juergen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juergen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 11:38pm
SkipPostSharp works fine.

I have added the bootstrapper to the app.xaml. I cannot see a difference to the TempHire app. How can I find out what is going wrong?

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:40am
In Visual Studio go to Debug|Exceptions and check the "Thrown" box next to CLR Exceptions to have the debugger break when an exception is thrown. It will break on a bunch that are harmless, but one of them should be the cause of your issue.
Juergen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juergen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:23pm
No success. No exceptions were thrown. No idea what to do.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:28pm
Are you sure you have Silverlight debugging enabled? Right-click on the web project, select properties and then select the Web tab. At the bottom, make sure the Silverlight debugger is checked.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:31pm
Also make sure the web project is your startup project.
Juergen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juergen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 11:21pm
Silverlight debugger is enabled. Web project is my startup project. I have no idea what is going on.

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 12:00am
Sorry I'm out of ideas as to what it could be. I've already given you the couple of things that usually cause this. I have no idea what's going on with your app. I'd suggest you start with a blank Silverlight Application and then add the Cocktail package and take it from there.
There is maybe one more thing. Make sure you have a valid StartUp object. Right-click on the Silverlight project and select Properties, then select the Silverlight tab and make sure the correct Startup object is selected in the drop down.

Juergen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juergen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 3:51am
Thats what I did. I startet with a blank Silverlight Application. I checked the StartUp object... everything was fine. What shall I do now, can I send you my solution?

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 10:01am
I see you are evaluating Cocktail and DevForce, so yes go ahead and send me your solution. I'll take a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply