FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Contract requires Duplex Error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contract requires Duplex Error
    Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 7:53pm

We are having this kind of problem when trying to access the EntityServer via browser. What configurations or actions we need to do to get this thing working?

Edited by Vonzkie - 16-Oct-2012 at 7:55pm
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 5:58pm
The Push service is the only part of DevForce which requires a duplex binding, so I assume you've enabled it somewhere. 

I'll also assume that you've modified your web.config or subclassed the ServiceHostEvents class to change DevForce binding defaults, so it will help if you can provide these, along with any client config or ServiceProxyEvents code.
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 7:40pm
Hi,

We didn't enabled Push Service in our BOS and the weird thing is this only happens on a single machine and all working are working fine.

Here's the code of our ServiceHostEvents:

public class ServiceEventsManager : ServiceHostEvents {

public override void OnEndpointCreated(System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
        {
            base.OnEndpointCreated(endpoint);
        }

public override void OnServiceHostCreated(System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost host)
        {
            base.OnServiceHostCreated(host);
        }
    }

Actually it's plain..

Are there any configuration or IIS settings we need to check to here?

Thanks,
Von
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 4:26am
Hi,

uploads/1228/iRely.BusinessObjectServer.zip

I've attached the BOS that I deployed on our test server. Please take note that it only happens on that specific server. MY local IIS works fine with this same BOS and another test server is also working with this same BOS.

Thanks,
Von
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 10:20am
The log file from your upload indicates the EntityServer.svc started successfully.  I was also able to run your BOS on Winodws 7 - IIS 7.5.  Are you sure this is from the failing test server?

We've never seen this error before, and as I said, only the Push service uses a duplex binding.  Whenever something fails on one machine but works everywhere else, I would focus on what is different about the configuration of that machine - maybe a different OS, a different version of .NET framework, etc.

Also, fyi, the EntityService.svc and EntityServer.svc files are not necessary when you register the DevForce ServiceVirtualPathProvider, as the global.asax code is doing.

Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 7:38pm
Hi,

Here is the actual BOS on the actual server where we get the error.

uploads/1228/iRely.BusinessObjectServer_-__Bangalore_Server.zip

We can assign a public IP for it if you want to connect and look at its configuration.

Thanks,
Von
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2012 at 10:23am
This zip contains only the binaries, which are not in question.

I need the web.config and debug log from the test server which is getting the error.

If you have a client config file, and generate a debug log, I'd like to see those too.  If you're using a ServiceProxyEvents, that code will help too.

Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 6:34pm
Hi,

Actually, the error is only seen when we browse (right click ->browse) EntityServer.svc from the IIS manager. I'll try connecting through a client and will send you the config and log files.

Thanks,
Von
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2012 at 3:43am
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2012 at 11:10am
Your zip all looks fine, and the debug log indicates the DevForce services are starting correctly.  If you're only getting the error within IIS Manager, and only on a certain server, I would focus on what's different in the configuration - specifically the enabled protocols and bindings. 
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2012 at 6:55pm
Hi,

If I give you a login credential to our server, will you be able to help us by checking out our configuration?

Thanks,
Von
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2012 at 11:01am
We can try.  PM me with the info, or email IdeaBladeSupport. 
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2012 at 2:39pm
Hi Von, I have connected to your server, and can now also reproduce the problem in some applications on one of our test servers.  What's happening is that WCF "simplified configuration" is kicking in and trying to add an endpoint with the BasicHttpBinding for all services implemented by the EntityServer.  This is not the correct or desired behavior, but I don't yet know why this behavior seems to occur in some applications and not others, so will be investigating further.
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2012 at 5:34pm
Hi,

How's this going? Just wanted to ask for an update.

Thanks,
Von
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2012 at 5:37pm
Hi Von, is this problem blocking for you?
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2012 at 2:58am

Yes, the problem is that this error is consistent with the production server and 2 other test servers of our client.. So we really have no choice but to fix the main problem..

Thanks,
Von

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>