FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Contract requires Duplex Error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contract requires Duplex Error
    Posted: 07-Nov-2012 at 12:31pm
You'd previously indicated you saw this problem only when browsing to the EntityServer.svc, not when running your application, and I assume that is still the case.

I'm not seeing this problem in the upcoming 6.1.9 release, which is due this week.  We did not specifically attempt to fix this problem, so it's unclear why this release seems to work while 6.1.7 (and 6.1.8, and maybe other releases) do not.

You can also check the debuglog when you navigate to either EntityService.svc or EntityServer.svc.  If generated, it may indicate the problem.  For example, if the license key is not found or is invalid you may see this contract error, since DevForce will not create service endpoints when a license is not found, therefore triggering the WCF simplified configuration to do so.

We have an open bug report to look into this further.

Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2012 at 6:01pm
OK thanks! Please inform us as soon as the build is released. We need to try it out as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Von
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2012 at 7:04pm
Hi,

So we upgraded our components and tried it out again but unfortunately, the error has now been consistent to all of our servers. We used to not experience the error here on our Developer test servers but now we do.

Thanks,
Von
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2012 at 10:10pm
Here is the my actual code on instantiation of my TransactionBase

var constructorInfo = typeof(E).GetConstructor(new Type[] { 
                                                                        typeof(bool), 
                                                                        typeof(string) , 
                                                                        typeof(EntityServiceOption), 
                                                                        typeof(string) 
            });

try
            {
                var entityManager = constructorInfo.Invoke(new object[] {   
                                                                        true, 
                                                                        connectionKey,  
                                                                        EntityServiceOption.UseDefaultService,
                                                                        null}) as E; 

Here is the actual Error string when Invoke is called.

Content Type application/x-gzip was not supported by service http://108.175.8.58/iRely.BusinessObjectServer11.5/EntityService.svc. The client and service bindings may be mismatched.

THanks,
Von
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2012 at 10:25am
This looks like a different problem than you first reported.  Here you're getting an error on the EntityService when using the application, not when browsing to EntityServer.svc.

First make sure that you recompiled your application against 6.1.9.  Then check the debuglog generated on the server to see what it shows.
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2012 at 7:06pm
Hi,

We're still getting the error when we browse the entityserver.svc. What I'm showed you on my post was the error when our application tries to connect to this BOS. But we're good now, I found out that our development server's BOS was using the older Ideablade.Aop DLL. We just now have to compile this and try it out on our client's server where the original issue occured. Will let you know.

Thanks,
Von
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12