New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: [Solution]After upgrade to 7.0.2 Unable to start windows store apps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[Solution]After upgrade to 7.0.2 Unable to start windows store apps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solution]After upgrade to 7.0.2 Unable to start windows store apps
    Posted: 12-Nov-2012 at 11:23am
I upgraded, via Nuget, to 7.0.2 and I am now unable to load my Windows Store app. I am also, unable to load your Windows store app demo.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Error:Activation of the app 6f9d3f39-846a-4f7b-a234-1717aa2b2c8e_g51757xx0rmrt!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with error: The app didn't start..

Edited by orcities - 12-Nov-2012 at 12:39pm
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2012 at 12:31pm
Check if you have an app.config in your Windows store project. If so, delete it.

This is a bug in VS 2012 or NuGet or both. Under certain circumstances, NuGet creates an app.config with assembly binding redirects, but Windows store apps can't have assembly binding redirects. The app fails to activate. This could also be a bug in Windows 8. 

We haven't been able to put together a reliable repro for Microsoft. Here's the MS Connect issue I opened a while back.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/761276/nuget-incorrectly-adds-app-config-with-assembly-binding-redirects-to-windows-store-apps
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2012 at 12:32pm
Bingo. Tx
 Post Reply Post Reply