FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cocktail or DevForce or booth ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asWorks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote asWorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocktail or DevForce or booth ?
    Posted: 14-Nov-2012 at 6:19pm
Hello,

I´m considering using cocktail for my next project.

On the Ideablade website I see cocktail samples and devforce samples and I am not quite shure which one is good for what.
When would I use Cocktail and when would I use DevForce.

Is Cocktail the framework for the UI and DevForce for the dataaccess - business logic - etc ?

My project would use Entityframework for dataaccess and would need a good deal of UI elements.
What should I use?

Unfortenatly I´m running short of time with my project so I can´t efford to do intensive examinations of the sample projects like temphire.

Btw - I am using VS 2010 SP1 and Windows 7  should I use Cocktail/Devforce 2010 or 2012 ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

asWorks
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2012 at 7:32pm
Thank you for your interest in Cocktail. A picture says more than a thousand words.

What's not shown here is that DevForce is built on top of Entity Framework. In a nutshell it adds a queryable client-side cache and the ability to query entities over the network (n-tier) and a lot of other good stuff.

Caliburn.Micro is a very popular open-source MVVM framework. We work closely with Rob Eisenberg, the author of the framework.

Cocktail integrates DevForce and Caliburn.Micro end-to-end and provides the infrastructure for the entire application. It favors conventions-over-code, so that the code you write is actually code that solves your business problem and not the plumbing.

For VS 2010 you'll have to use Cocktail/DevForce 2010. Cocktail/DevForce 2012 requires .NET 4.5.

If you are on a tight timeline consider contacting our Professional Services group. We can help you develop your application in a fraction of the time. I will have somebody reach out to you.

Hope this clarifies some things.

Edited by mgood - 14-Nov-2012 at 7:39pm
asWorks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote asWorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2012 at 9:33am
Hello Marcel,

thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the delay. I was on the road for some days.

Derick Chung contacted me and provided further helpfull information.

So right now im still in the evaluation process.

Thank you.

Best regards

Arpad Stöver
 Post Reply Post Reply