FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Authentication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Authentication
    Posted: 22-Feb-2013 at 11:47am
Technically, something like that is possible, but it requires extending parts of Cocktail and probably a custom AuthenticationService. Our team of consultants can help you explore and build a custom solution that meets your requirements. 
pjcunningham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2013 at 11:09am
Thanks Marcel for your reply and the link you've provided.

I was thinking about an application similar to SQL Management Studio (and other variations), where I can login in to multiple databases.

Regards, Paul.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2013 at 10:34am
Paul,
The short answer is no. .NET just like pretty much any other technology does not have a notion of multiple current principals. The Thread.CurrentPrincipal property only takes a single principal (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.threading.thread.currentprincipal.aspx).

If you have this requirement you need to look into federated identity and single sign-on (SSO) technologies. There is no restriction on the DevForce/Cocktail side to integrate SSO and federated identity systems. 
pjcunningham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pjcunningham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2013 at 3:41am

Can Cocktail be configured to use multiple authentications?

I have a requirement to allow an application to login in to multiple databases (different models) simultaneously – this is at the proof of concept stage.

My initial thought was to have multiple implementations of AuthenticationService, all exporting IAuthenticationService. My LoginViewModel imports many IAuthenticationService (exposed as a combo box so the user can choose which authentication service to login to).

There are a couple of issues;

In Composition.Clients.cs OnEntityManagerCreated gives the error “Probed for service with contract IAuthenticationService and found multiple matching exports” – so it seems I can only have one IAuthenticationService.

Secondly, if I could have multiple AuthenticationServices how to configure the individual EntityManagerProviders to use the correct AuthenticationService?

Regards, Paul

Post Reply Post Reply